5-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake. A rich, chocolate-ly completely delicious “Healthier” Chocolate Cake. Paleo-friendly. Gluten-free. Dairy-Free. Flour-free. Refined-sugar free. Not too “sweet”. The Chocolate is the star here. Easy when flour and alot of refined-sugar aren’t stealing the show. Use a good chocolate bar. Next time I would add 1/2 tsp salt. That would bump it up to a 6-ingredient cake. Oh well. xo
Adapted from Detoxinista
4 oz 70% chocolate bar
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
- Preheat over to 375F. Grease 6-inch cake pan. (I lined bottom with parchment paper for easy release). Original recipe uses an 8-inch springform pan if you prefer a thinner cake.
- Melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil in double-boiler and stir until smooth. Let cool for few minutes.
- Combine the melted chocolate/oil with the cocoa powder, honey and eggs. Whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour into greased pan and smooth top. Bake for 30 min. If you want more of a chocolate molten/lava cake. Bake 20-25 min. The center will be “lava” like.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove.
Note: the original recipe uses 4 oz unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup honey. I only had the bittersweet chocolate bar, so decreased the honey by 1/4 cup.